Thursday, April 30, 2009

Flea & Tick Season is here, take care of your Pets

It's Tick Season, I have already found one on a pet, here is some good advice if you don't know how to remove them - http://www.ehow.com/how_2257_remove-ticks-pets.html.

Please make sure your pets are on a flea/tick preventive - I recommend and use Frontline personally but there is also Advantage and 2 oral ones named Capstart and a new one -Comfortis to use if you pets do become immune to the liquid applications.  The oral ones only treats for fleas, not ticks.  DO Not use Promeris it's not a good one.    Here is a link on how to Apply liquid Flea Treatments, do not use what you buy in the store, it won't last or do a good job at all and some pets have bad reactions to it.  

BTW, the SPCA raised over $164,000 for the new spay neuter clinic at the Dog Walk!!   Again I thank everyone who supported Cindy's Pet Services team and donated, we raised $2,770 ourselves, what a great success the event was.

Pet Sitting News 
I have a new full-time employee Holly, I have given her my 3 mid-day walks and she wants to get 3 more to have 6 daily, so if you live in the North Hills or Five Points Area and need your pups exercised while you are at work or have a new puppy, please contact me to get on her schedule.    I am doing more promotion and managing of the business and less dog walks and dog sitting, I am officially the cat sitter now.     Plus my tendinitis has been giving me lots of trouble in my arms so it's probably good I am not walking dogs much anymore my doc has been after me for a while to take it easy, he wants to do surgery but I don't want to....we will see!

**Memorial Day is fast approaching, we are taking reservations for pet sitting so please contact me today to get on your pet sitters schedule.

Have a great weekend everyone, looks like rain is coming at us again.......

Cindy Golden, owner of 
Keeping Pets HAPPY at Home!
919-605-5133

No comments:

Post a Comment