Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Erin & I did a new client consult Sunday afternoon, the job was assigned to Erin, as they live in Mordecai near her. I do go on all new client consults even if I don't do the job, as I want to be personable with my clients and have them meet the owner, tell them about my company and answer any questions that they may have. This couple was the happiest couple ever to meet us and hear about pet sitting and the services we provide.

They didn't know there was such a thing, they have boarded their dogs at different places in Raleigh have stories from each place and they were very frustrated. The wife got on line and typed in google - boarding alternative and discovered pet sitting. Then she typed in Raleigh NC pet sitter and found my website, she said I came up first and saw her zip code in my listing (thanks to my Google AdWords ad - YAY!) she loved my site and knew we were the ones to contact. She then had her husband check my website out and he was the one who called me after viewing my site to set up the consult.

How do we educate people that there is such a thing as pet sitting and that you do NOT have to board your dog? Keep them HAPPY at home!!!

That is one of my questions I ask on the consult, have you ever used a pet sitter before??

That is when she told me about how she discovered pet sitting and they wish they knew about it sooner. They have told all of their friends this past week about it and the consult they had scheduled with us and she said none of their friends knew about it either. This couple is in their 30's, she is a nurse at Wake Med, she wants us to leave her postcards this coming weekend that she can put up at work and said she is telling every pet owner she knows that they can keep their pets "happy at home".

I am so glad we can educate people that they do have alternatives to boarding, and they yes, pets are much HAPPIER at home in their own familiar environment, not in kept in a cage!!

Cindy of
Cindy's Pet Sitting Services

No comments:

Post a Comment