Friday, March 20, 2009

Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race = 3 Dogs Die in Alaska

I am upset about this, I am sure you have read or heard the story on the new, if not read it here
Fox News

It is so sad there were racing in -50 F, how can this be prevented? It just seems cruel to me, I can't imagine holding my dog watching it die from hypothermia, how horrible! I'm really not sure I understand the purpose of this race in the first place.

I know the Siberian Huskies and Alaskan Malamutes are working dogs and love cold weather and racing but for dogs to be dying along the way, something is wrong here. I think vets should be on call and be at the check points where the dogs will be evaluated out to be sure they can continue the race.

What do you think???

Today is the 1st Day of Spring and signs of warm weather are flowers are blooming, trees are filling up with beautiful leaves, birds are happily chirping and business is picking up for vacationing pet sitting clients here in Raleigh, NC - YAY!!!

I plan to hire again next month, as we are getting busy and I need to add another person to my pet sitting team.

Enjoy the weekend everyone and remember a walked dog is a HAPPY dog, take time to give your dog and yourself exercise, you will love the quality time spent with your pet and they will love you for it!!

Cindy Golden of
Cindy's Pet Sitting Services

No comments:

Post a Comment